Proposed Design for GHS Building First Floor:
Highlights of this drawing include (starting from top of drawing and working down) :
* Addition of needed second gymnasium.
* Addition of competition locker rooms for home and visiting teams.
* Addition of Athletic Trainer space.
* Addition of storage.
* Addition of PE classroom space with community use opportunities outside of school times.
* Addition of Athletic Directors office space.
* Addition of PE fitness/cardio space with community use opportunities outside of school times.
* Complete remodeling of main entrance to improve safety. Movement of admin. and guidance spaces next to main entrance with creation of new security vestibule.
* Remodeling of nurses' clinic.
* Movement of School Resource Officer office space near main entrance.
* Remodeling and expansion of cafeteria & kitchen space.
* Renovation of Library/Media space
* Creation of separate instructional spaces for Band and Chorus.
* Movement of alternative education classrooms to allow dedicated entrance/exit spaces.
* Increase many classroom spaces to meet state 800 Sq. ft. guidelines.
* Addition of classroom spaces to meet needs of 950 students and design for additional classrooms to be added in future to meet 1100 student target (all "common areas" are renovated and expanded to meet 1100 student target in initial construction).
* Upgrading all mechanical systems to increase efficiencies.
* Movement of classroom addition to Morrill Avenue to prevent closure of Access Road and use most use of Robie Park.