Proposed Design for GHS Building First Floor:
In this drawing, the lighter colors are existing spaces and the darker colors are proposed new construction spaces. Highlights of this drawing include (starting from top of drawing and working down) :
* Addition of needed second gymnasium.
* Addition of competition locker rooms for home and visiting teams.
* Addition of Athletic Trainer space.
* Addition of storage.
* Addition of PE classroom space with community use opportunities outside of school times.
* Addition of Athletic Directors office space.
* Addition of PE fitness/cardio space with community use opportunities outside of school times.
* Complete remodeling of main entrance to improve safety. Movement of admin. and guidance spaces next to main entrance with creation of new security vestibule.
* Remodeling of nurses' clinic.
* Movement of School Resource Officer office space near main entrance.
* Addition of Lecture Hall space for collaborative learning environment and technology use with community use opportunities outside of school times.
* Addition of cafeteria & kitchen space.
* Movement of Library to center of school to include multi-media and maker spaces.
* Creation of separate instructional spaces for Band and Chorus.
* Movement of alternative education classrooms to allow dedicated entrance/exit spaces.
* Movement of Adult Education Program from GMS to GHS.
* Movement of District Facilities spaces from GMS to GHS.
* Increase many classroom spaces to meet state 800 Sq. ft. guidelines.
* (Including first and second floor) - adding total of 14 classroom spaces of which 2 are science labs, 2 are special education spaces, 1 is an art space).
* Upgrading all mechanical systems to increase efficiencies.