GorhamSchool District

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle

Section 504

Section 504 is part of the federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which was enacted by Congress to combat discrimination against individuals with disabilities in services, programs and activities administered by any entity that receives federal income, including public schools. Section 504 states:

No otherwise qualified individual with a disability in the United States...shall, solely by reason of his or her disability, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance...

Great Falls School
73 Justice Way
Gorham, Maine  04038
Assistant Principal
(207) 222-1050
Narragansett School
284 Main Street
Gorham, Maine  04038
Assistant Principal
(207) 222-1250
Village School  
12 Robie Street
Gorham, Maine  04038
Assistant Principal
(207) 222-1300
Gorham Middle School
106 Weeks Road
Gorham, Maine  04038
Assistant Principal
(207) 222-1220
Gorham High School
41 Morrill Avenue
Gorham, Maine  04038
Assistant Principals



Gorham has a duty to locate, evaluate and identify any child residing in the District who qualifies for Special Education services or any child attending the public schools who may require Section 504 accommodations or services.


Children eligible for special education include those children with disabilities who have autism, deaf-blindness, emotional disturbance, hearing impairment, multiple disabilities, orthopedic impairment, other health impairment, specific learning disability, speech or language impairment, traumatic brain injury, acquired brain injury, visual impairment, or developmental delay and who, because of such an impairment, need special education services.


Children eligible for Section 504 accommodations or services include those children who have a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity.


If you suspect your child has a disability and may need special education services or 504 accommodations, or if you would like additional information, please contact your child’s teacher, or call the office of Special Services at 222-1002.

504 Forms