GorhamSchool District

Skip to main content
Main Menu Toggle


Special Education
75 South Street, Suite 2
Gorham Maine  04038

           Phone: (207) 222-1002                                                                                           FAX: (207) 839-5001

Director of Special Education
Kathy Hamblen
Email: Kathy.hamblen@gorhamschools.org

               Administrative Assistant                                        Secretary for Instructional Support
                     Suzanne Berthiaume                                                      Mary-Kate Flaherty
                         207-222-1022                                                                  207-222-1021
School Psychologists                                                                                    

Gorham School Department                                                 

Lisa (Elizabeth) Howe, MS, CSPSP, NCSP,

Email:  Lisa.howe@gorhamschools.org                                                                                                                                              
Cheryl Rainforth-Frame, MS, CAGS                                   
Email:  Cheryl.rainforth-frame@gorhamschools.org                   
District Behavior Specialist                                                        
Larilee English, BCBA                                
Email:  Larilee.english@gorhamschools.org         


Gorham has a duty to locate, evaluate and identify any child residing in the District who qualifies for Special Education services or any child attending the public schools who may require Section 504 accommodations or services.


Children eligible for special education include those children with disabilities who have autism, deaf-blindness, emotional disturbance, hearing impairment, multiple disabilities, orthopedic impairment, other health impairment, specific learning disability, speech or language impairment, traumatic brain injury, acquired brain injury, visual impairment, or developmental delay and who, because of such an impairment, need special education services.


Children eligible for Section 504 accommodations or services include those children who have a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity.


If you suspect your child has a disability and may need special education services or 504 accommodations, or if you would like additional information, please contact your child’s teacher, or call the District’s Special Education Director/504 Coordinator, Kathy Hamblen at 222-1002.
Special Education Forms
The Gorham School Department plans to destroy special education records of former students who were born between January 1, 1991 and December 31, 1991.  
Parents, guardians and/or former students may obtain their records on or before June 1, 2018.  Proper identification will be required in order to obtain records.  
For more information, please feel free to contact our office at 222-1002.